The Cruise

World cruise on the Dawn Princess starting in Sydney on May 21, 2010 and sailing west around the world for 104 days.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Dawn Princess World Cruise 2010 - Friday May 28, 2010

Day 8 Darwin to West Timor

Today I went to a floral demonstration by the onboard horticulturalists who created delightful works of floral artistry. One of their arrangements looked just like the tail of a peacock. I also attended a lecture on Bali, where I learnt that Indonesia is comprised of 17,000 islands and that the average age of its citizens is 28 years. Bill and I persisted with our ballroom dancing and learnt the Parma waltz which we seemed to do O.K. with. Tonight we watched Pavarotti in concert on the big screen under the stars, lying back on our deck chairs. All day today we sailed through very flat seas that just went on and on with no sight of land. I thought of the boat people who come this way in little tin boats with very primitive compasses, trying to reach Australia. They must be desperate to attempt it. We are both keeping up our exercise programmes and are meeting many new people. (Barbara) I was mainly occupied this morning writing part of the eulogy to be used at my mother’s funeral on Monday. My cousin Rosemary has kindly agreed to read this contribution on my behalf. It is unfortunate that I cannot be there but we will be praying for Mum at that time. (Bill)

From the floral arrangement demonstration today.

No comments:

Post a Comment