The Cruise

World cruise on the Dawn Princess starting in Sydney on May 21, 2010 and sailing west around the world for 104 days.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Dawn Princess World Cruise 2010 - Saturday June 12, 2010

Day 23 Crossing the Arabian Sea
Today we went to a reunion of the people who went to the Taj Mahal, and wonder of wonders, one of these people had picked up my sunglasses that she saw were left when everyone had boarded the buses. This made my day. Bill performed with the choir today. There were about 100 people in the choir and they performed in the atrium of the ship. This is a large central area with steps and glass lifts joining 4 whole floors. The sound was terrific. They sang songs from Oklahoma, Les Miserables, South Pacific, The King and I, My Fair Lady and Fiddler on the Roof.Tonight, I had to get my clothes ready for our  excursion to the mosque in Oman tomorrow. I cannot have any part of my arms down to and including my wrists exposed. My legs down to and including ankles and feet must be covered, and also neck and hair must be covered. Hence, I have been pulling out of the cupboard such things as long pants, shawls, and a long sleeved light jumper. I do not know how I will go with all this paraphernalia wrapped around me, as the temperatures are quite high. I will have to wear a pair of Bill’s size 12 socks as I did not bring any socks with me. We had another lazy day today as we are still getting over the hectic three days in India. We met a nice couple from Kew on the ship today. She recognized me from shopping at Toscano’s fruit shop in Kew. I have just completed my 5 km walk around the ship as it was too hot to do so earlier. Now at eight o’clock at night there is a balmy breeze blowing but no stars to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment