The Cruise

World cruise on the Dawn Princess starting in Sydney on May 21, 2010 and sailing west around the world for 104 days.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Dawn Princess World Cruise 2010 - Thursday June 10, 2010

Day 21 Agra to Mumbai
Today we had a sleep in till 5.30. We had a quick breakfast and then boarded our coach to Delhi. Half way to Delhi, we had a tea break where my first mishap of the day occurred – I left my Prada sunglasses in the restaurant. Our tour guide rang to see if they had been found but no luck. After lunch in Delhi at the Oberoi Maidens hotel, we had a guided tour of Old Delhi. Here we saw the red fort, and had a rickshaw ride through the narrow winding streets, where the electricity wires were a mangled mess that looked as if they could start a fire at any moment. We also visited the local mosque where we donned polka dot cover ups of various colours. In the mosque we saw several women praying, but most of the men were sprawled out on the mosque floor sound asleep. We boarded our Spice jet cramped flight to Mumbai at 6.30 pm, where a coach took us from the airport to the ship. We arrived at the wharf at 10.30 p.m. and took about 30 minutes of Indian red tape before we could board the ship. When I unpacked, I realized that my umbrella, sunscreen and rid had been removed from the outside pocket of my checked in suitcase. I am not sure whether they were seen as a security threat or if someone just needed these items in this hot climate. As we had decided not to eat the food on board the plane, Bill and I ate dinner on board the ship at midnight. There is 24 hour food available on the ship. Then we watched from the top deck as we sailed out of Mumbai harbour.

No comments:

Post a Comment