The Cruise

World cruise on the Dawn Princess starting in Sydney on May 21, 2010 and sailing west around the world for 104 days.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dawn Princess World Cruise 2010 - Tuesday August 17, 2010

Day 88 Dawn Princess
Currently Latitude 13o North, Heading 166o, 460 nautical miles south of Hawaii

At the moment we are nowhere near any place, with just Pacific Ocean all around. I had an extremely lazy day today, just relaxing with a book. Last night we had an opportunity to swap books in the library, so I now have a whole new supply. We learnt a new advanced step for the Waltz and were able to practise it this evening. Because of my lazy day I had to do my walk after dinner tonight. It was rather pleasant as I was the only one walking at that time. The half moon was shining and Venus was prominent in the sky. The wind was much warmer than it had been during the day. People on board are beginning to talk about the fact that we are nearly at the end of the trip, and many can be seen reading brochures and planning their next trip. Some have done two world cruises and have already booked another world cruise for next year. I prefer to think that I am just setting out to see the sights of Tahiti, Pago Pago and Auckland and have a fifteen day cruise to enjoy. (Barbara)

No comments:

Post a Comment